Robotics Display 2017
March 25, 2017
Fayette County Public School STLP groups that are competing in the RCX or SumoBot competitions at the STEM Fair may elect to have a student-created robotics display in leau of a showcase - but must have one or the other.
An unmanned display that highlights your robotics program and helps others to better understand the benefits of robotics.
- The display is not manned. If somene is manning the display, please register as a showcase.
- 7:00-8:30 Check in (No check in for displays)
- 8:30-8:45 Setup (Find labeled table in hallway outside of the cafeteria - between cafeteria and gym)
- 9:00-11:00 Displays on exhibit
- 11:00-11:30 Clean up
- Display registration will open early January.
- Display registration is due by February 24, 2017.
- Display registration is on the STLP SharePoint.
- The STLP Coordinator is responsible for all registrations for their school.
- Note: RCX registration is due by January 31, 2016 and is on the RCX website.
- Note: SumoBot registration is one of the STEM Fair registrations posted on the STLP SharePoint. Registration is due by Febuary 24, 2017.
- We are picturing one robotics display per school - not per team. Please let us know if you would like more than one display.
- Elementary (K-5)
- Middle School (6-8)
- High School (9-12)
- RCX robotics
- SumoBot robotics
- RCX and SumoBot robotics combined display
7. Competition & Rubrics
- The display is not competitive and there is no rubric.
- The displays will be in the hallway between the cafeteria and the gym.
9. Judges and Volunteers
- Judges are not needed for displays.
- Tables are 30"x72".
- We estimate 2 displays per table.
- Note: Since this is an unmanned display, we do not picture anything of value being left at the table. If the table is manned, please register as a showcase.
11. No Access
- Wireless access may not be available.
- Display tables may not have access to electricity.
- Use a tri-fold board
- School name
- Team Name
- STLP Logo
- Highlights about your team - Limited text that is easy to read.
13. Clean up
- Students must clean up all materials and trash at the table upon departing.
- All students practice ethical, safe, and legal behavior.
About this page
- Author: Julie Gaskin
- Updated: Friday, January 13, 2017