STLP Coordinator Connection 2016
Student Technology Leadership Program
Join Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) Coordinators and support staff for our 2nd annual STLP Coordinator Connection - a day to learn more about STLP events, competitions, and opportunities. Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions, tinker with technology, as well as share experiences with others.
Event hosted by Fayette County Schools and led by Jeff Sebulsky, State STLP Program Manager.
REGISTRATION - Now Closed
If you need more information, please email Julie.Gaskin@fayette.kyschools.us
Friday, September 23, 2016
8:00 Check-in (Donuts, Muffins, Coffee, & Soft Drinks provided)
8:30 - 11:30, 12:30-3:30 Training (lunch time approximate) Restaurants
Fayette County Russell Cave Warehouse
1126 Russell Cave Road
Lexington, KY 40505
Plan for the Day
The schedule is developing as more and more STLP experts volunteer to share their information at this meeting.
11:00 DPOJ - Digital Projects Online Judging
11:30 Meet the Experts/Overview of Tinkering with Technology Session
12:45 Visit and Explore
- Tinkering with Technology
- Visit with the Experts (Leads and others with experience)
2:30 Wrap Up
Tinkering With Technology
Time will be set aside to explore some of the following:
- Cubelets - Erin Waggoner
- Dash and Dot robots - Robbie Randall
- DJI Phantom 3 Drone - Chris Bryant
- DSLR Camera rig for filmmaking - Duane Keaton
- Lego NXT and EV3 robots - Doug Geiman, Robbie Randall
- Makey Makey - Kelly Fischer and Jerry Broyles
- RCX (Robo Challenge Xtreme) - see this year's challenge board - Doug Geiman
- Racing to the Future (slot cars) - see new track and practice racing - Paul Shoemaker
- Samsung VR - Paula Setser Kissick
- Scratch/Scratch Jr. - Leanna Prater
- Sphero - Heather Warrell
- SumoBot board - Robbie Randall
- WeDo2 - Leanna Prater
If you have items available for share, please list these on your registration form.
Ask The Expert
As attendees offer to share their expertise, we'll update the following information.
- Jeff Sebulsky: State STLP Program Manager - Jeff is prepared to talk about all of the topics listed above as well as helping us gather experts to share and answer our questions.
- Amy Johns: Lead for Level 3 Showcase judging at STLP State Championship. Coordinator of Instructional Technology, Fayette County.
- Brian Spellman: KET sponsors video contests that STLP students may want to enter. Let's talk Brian into being the Lead on a digital video contest for STLP!
- Chris Bryant: Helps with High School Art on Demand event at the STLP State Championship. Sharing Drones. Art/Photography teacher and STLP Coordinator, Lafayette High School, Fayette County.
- David Lucas: Familiar with Engineer Interviews at Regionals. Assistant DTC and STLP District Coordiantor, Lewis County.
- Doug Geiman: Lead for RCX (Robo Challenge Xtreme). This year's challenge board, Fun at the Fair, will be set up and Doug will be available to answer questions.
- Duane Keaton: First or second place in the middle school division for the last four years in the Cinemania category at the State Championsion. Art and drama teacher and STLP Coordinator, Southern Middle School, Fayette County.
- Erin Waggoner: Lead for Social Media interview at Regionals, experience will all levels of showcase judging (1,2,3), experience providing district support to STLP and coordinators, Director of Technology, Jessamine County Schools.
- Heather Warrell: Lead for NEW state category- Sphero Hero Competition, Digital Learning Coach, KDE.
- Jason Sturgill:Lead for Art on Demand. Art teacher and STLP Coordinator, Lafayette High School, Fayette County.
- Jerry Broyles: Sharing Makey Makey activities, District Technology Resource Teacher, Fayette County.
- Jim Seward: Lead for Production Company at the State Championship.
- Joe Beers: Experience with engineers applying for junior engineer, at the state level, experience judging the Game Design challenge competition, Jessamine Career and Technical Center, Jessamine County.
- Keith Barnes: Lead for Game Design, District Technology Integration Specialist, Bullitt County.
- Kelly Fischer: Sharing Makey Makey activities. District Technology Resource Teacher, Fayette County.
- Laura Raganas: Level 3 Showcase judging, Digital Learning Coach, KDE.
- Leanna Prater: Lead for Scratch Ambassador category, former co-lead for Robot Use - Leanna is sharing many of her Tinkering with Technology devices. District Technology Resource Teacher. Fayette County.
- Marty Park: Lead for Cinemania, Chief Digital Officer,KDE.
- Mike Crowhurst: Experience with MIT App Inventor, Pulaski County High School teacher, Pulaski County.
- Mike Hefling: Judge for Level 3 Showcase Projects. Chief Information Officer, Frankfort Independent.
- Paul Shoemaker: Lead for Racing to the Future, KDE
- Paula Setser-Kissick: Sharing Samsung VR. nternet Safety district support person, District Technology Resource Teacher, Fayette County.
- Robbie Randall: Lead for SumoBots. Robotics classroom teacher, STLP Coordinator, Beaumont Middle School, Fayette County.
- Steven McKaig: Lead for Elementary Flight competition. Technology and Industrial Arts teacher, Anderson County High School, Anderson County.
- Tonya Jolly: Experience with Game Design Challenge, Microsoft Gaming, Help Desk, Bench Challenge, Jessamine Career and Technical Center, Jessamine County.
- Tonya Jones: Experience with showcases and interviews at Regionals. Experience with Gaming, Game Development, Programming and many other events at the State Championship. Programming teacher and STLP Coordinator, Eastside Technical Center, Fayette County.
Wi-Fi and Back Channel
Feel free to bring a wireless device. Wireless access will be available for everyone and we plan to use GoSoapBox as our back channel.
There is no cost for registration or parking but if your position requires a sub, your school/district will be responsible for those cost and arrangements.
Note: EILA credit available.
As of September 19, we have attendees coming from KDE and the following 27 school districts:
- Anderson County
- Barren County
- Bellevue Independent in Campbell County
- Boone County
- Bourbon County
- Boyle County
- Breckinridge County
- Bullitt County
- Campbell County
- Carter County
- Fayette County
- Frankfort Independent
- Franklin County
- Jefferson County
- Jessamine County
- Lewis County
- Letcher County
- Marion County
- Montgomery County
- Nelson County
- Paris Independent in Bourbon County
- Pendleton County
- Pulaski County
- Scott County
- Simpson County
- Todd County
- Washington County
About this page
- Author: Julie Gaskin
- Updated: Tuesday, September 20, 2016